This week is all about lists: packing lists, to-do lists, places to see… So here’s another one, for fun, on how I know I am ready for a holiday:
1) I have launched an entirely fruitless, one-woman campaign against the ants which moved in last week because I left a few crumbs of food lying around. The only way I’m maintaining my sanity during my losing crusade is through the knowledge that when I come back after two weeks of no food they will have moved on.
2) If I recite any more of my newly acquired Japanese to my son his first words will not be English.
3) I have survived a whole week with no baby groups (due to a cold) and not much sleep (cold/growth spurt/wonder week??) without going mad because there is a light at the end of the tunnel
4) I am not even dreading the prospect of two flights with a little boy who can’t sit still.
5) When an unidentified flying insect hit me in the face this morning I abandoned all other tasks until I had hunted it down and killed it, wasting half of nap time in the process.
6) All of the laundry is done.
7) Despite this fact I have been wearing my oldest clothes all week as all of my others are either packed or in the ‘maybe’ pile.
8) I feel like I’ve already visited Japan after spending so long looking for places to stay, finding things to do and looking up anything I can about the place in my excitement at going.
9) I’m looking forward to wearing a jumper.
10) I haven’t eaten sushi for two weeks in preparation for the feast ahead…