This week has been a good week for blogging. I’ve been nominated for two blogging awards and invited to join a blog crawl. I’m delighted to start off with the Liebster Award, which is a fantastic way to recommend new blogs.Thank you very much to Tiny Expats for nominating me for this award. Her blog is a great guide to being an expat, and you can find it here.
The rules of Liebster Award are:
Acknowledge and link back to the person who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Give your nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post about the Liebster Award.
So here are the questions and my answers:
- Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 29, and find line 4. What is the book and does it say?
The book closest to me belongs to my son – I’m Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen. It describes what you would say if you would happen to see a bear: “Oh no!”
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Wherever my husband and son are. Preferably somewhere warm.
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would you do?
Teach people to be tolerant of others and their beliefs.
- Is the glass half empty or half full?
Half full, although sometimes I have to remind myself of this.
- When is the last time you ate a home-grown tomato?
I don’t remember when, but I’m pretty sure it was one of my mum’s cherry tomatoes which are delicious.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
A teacher, since the day I started school. I did become one, but now I’ve moved on to other things and a different phase of my life.
- What is your favourite time of the day?
Midday, when my husband comes home for his lunch. Although this time has become a bit hectic and messy since my son started eating solids!
- What inspires you?
Books and happy people
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
That’s a tough one. I’m going to be vague and say summer bbqs because there were so many good ones.
- What three things in nature do you find most beautiful?
Beaches, hornbills and Scotland.
There were only ten questions (in case you wondered why I can’t count).
Eleven facts about me:
- I love reading. Sometimes I would rather stay in and read a good book than go out.
- I need a lot of sleep, any less than eight hours a night and I don’t function properly – difficult with a baby!
- I always wanted to take a gap year and travel the world, but somehow never got round to it. I’m glad I waited as now I don’t have to stay in grotty youth hostels with rats – I think I would have hated backpacking! (I know that sounds a bit snobby and actually I have stayed in some lovely youth hostels, but my brother has done the ‘proper’ backpacking adventure and had rats running over him in the night on more than one occasion.)
- My favourite holiday was when I went camping in France with my husband-to-be.
- The best holiday perk I’ve ever had was when we got upgraded in Singapore to a suite which covered two floors and had its own sauna. I suspect I will never see such luxury again.
- I really enjoy cooking, but when I left home I wrote down a recipe for baked potatoes- that’s how bad a cook I was then!
- I finally overcame my fear of scuba diving and passed my Padi course, but burst both my eardrums in the process. It was obviously not meant to be!
- One of my proudest achievements is completing a half-marathon.
- When I found out I was moving to Brunei I had to look it up on a map. Many people think I live in Dubai, so I’m not alone.
- I’m really short, but after spending most of my childhood waiting to grow I’m happy about it now.
- I am a chronic daydreamer.
Questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Where in the world would you most like to live?
- What is the best travel advice anyone has ever given you? Or, what piece of travel advice would you like to share?
- If you were stranded in an airport for a day, what book would you most like to have with you?
- What is your worst holiday experience?
- Can you speak a second language?
- What is the best thing about the place where you currently live?
- Describe your ideal day in no more than ten words.
- What inspires you?
- Do you have a pet hate? (I.e. something which really annoys you, not a pet you hate!)
- Post a link to your favourite blog.
Finally the blogs I nominate. I have mainly chosen blogs that fit in with a travel/expat theme, although not all. If any of my nominees have already participated or choose not to then that’s fine, I will still list them here as I enjoy their blogs.